Director of Engineering
|November 29, 2017 - February 28, 2018|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k) employer match, PTO, paid holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Valicor is an innovative separations company that prides itself on customer support to implement separation solutions. Our client base is diverse and serves clients from GM, Ford, and Harley Davidson to dry grind corn ethanol plants. Valicor develops solutions to create value added process streams from previously undervalued "waste." To help drive our mission, we are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our Engineering Department in managing all aspects of product and process engineering, design, fabrication, and testing. Additionally, the Director will oversee shop operations including production scheduling and facilities maintenance while enforcing and maintaining safety and efficiency standards. The Director will report directly to the CEO of Valicor. |
|Duties:||The Director of Engineering’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
- managing the Engineering Department and Production Shop including reviewing product specifications received from sales, scheduling and assigning tasks, and coordinating work of engineering and production staff;
- leading the engineering staff with product concept and design including developing new product concepts and designs - developing and directing procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained;
- reviewing job releases for thoroughness (bill of materials, schematics, layouts, etc.) and generating product documentation including schematics, parts layouts, customer manuals, and ECOs;
- ensuring current and accurate costing of jobs, assisting Sales with quotations, product specifications and customer support, and improving product designs by reducing component and labor costs;
- developing and leading overall vendor relationship management programs and assisting field personnel with field installations, startup, and troubleshooting;
- mentoring and motivating Engineering team to perform at their highest level, including ensuring team members have appropriate training and resources and performing personnel related matters (recruiting, performance reviews, open-door discussions, and addressing disciplinary or performance problems according to company policy);
- maintaining compliance with all aspects of Valicor safety program, including hazard communication, PPE requirements, and attending quarterly safety training.
|Qualifications:||A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. Advanced degrees are desired. |
A minimum of 15 years of experience in the engineering discipline including supervisory and project management experience and involvement with unit operations and manufacturing processes is required.
Ideally, the candidate will have 5 years of experience in an ethanol plant, specifically with the build of a plant. In addition, or as an alternative, the ideal candidate will have management experience as it relates to ethanol process engineering. Experience with mechanical separation is also preferred.
Travel is required up to 30% of the time.
Valicor provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valicor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.