Industrial Fluids Chemist
|December 08, 2017 - February 28, 2018|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k) employer match, PTO, paid holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Valicor is an innovative separations company that prides itself on customer support to implement separation solutions. Our client base is diverse and serves clients from GM, Ford, and Harley Davidson to dry grind corn ethanol plants. Valicor develops solutions to create value added process streams from previously undervalued "waste." To support our mission, we are seeking an Industrial Fluids Chemist to contribute to the development of separation processes through chemical analysis. The Industrial Fluids Chemist (IFC) will collaborate with the team of engineers and use the tools and staff of the Valicor Analytical Laboratory to produce accurate and timely analysis of oils and fluids generated by the separation of value added process streams from both petroleum and biological based processes and develop separation schemes for commercial opportunities. The IFC will be responsible for a) setting and implementing lab growth objectives in support of overall company growth objectives, b) providing deep technical support and guidance for the separations support businesses and product development and c) directing day to day operations of direct reports to accomplish these tasks. The Industrial Fluids Chemist will report directly to the Director of Technical Services and will be located in Dexter, MI. |
|Duties:||The Industrial Fluid Chemist’s responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:|
• Develop, document, and oversee analytical methodologies used in the evaluation or characterization of oils from various biological and petroleum based sources
• Ensure safe and effective operation of all laboratory functions within regulatory and OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines
• Meet the above expectations via an efficient combination of personal initiative and effective delegation to laboratory personnel
• Enthusiastically engage existing industrial process knowledge and build upon the team’s strengths
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to develop separation schemes and evaluate these schemes within the laboratory setting
• Sample management from existing and new clients, up to 30 samples per day, within a Business Interface software
• Manage personnel for the efficient and timely processing of samples and evaluations within the lab
• Initiate and develop database repository of client data
• Identify and utilize external contract laboratories as needed
• Edit, update and create Standard Operating Procedures used in the lab
• Perform personnel related matters (recruiting, performance reviews, open-door discussions)
• Maintain safety and cleanliness of laboratory and comply with all aspects of laboratory safety and the Valicor Safety Program
• A Bachelor’s in Chemistry or a related field is required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Chemistry related field with applications in the oil, lubricant, and/or coolant field.
• Direct supervisory experience is strongly preferred, training in personnel management is a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of industrial processes to provide insight into development and evaluation of methods for the evaluation of industrial process streams for separation
• Comfortable using or directing the use of GC-MS, GC-FIDs, HLPCs, FTIR, UV-VIS, Karl Fisher, Particle Size Counters, etc.
• Must be a well-organized individual with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
Infrequent travel may be required up to 10%
Valicor provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valicor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.