|December 12, 2017 - February 28, 2018|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k) employer match, PTO, paid holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Valicor is an innovative separations company that prides itself on customer support to implement separation solutions. Our client base is diverse and serves clients from GM, Ford, and Harley Davidson to dry grind corn ethanol plants. Valicor develops solutions to create value added process streams from previously undervalued "waste." To support our mission, we are seeking a Shop Manager to assume responsibility for the daily management of the shop function for Valicor including production schedule, quality control, shipping and receiving, and overall shop operation and personnel. The shop manager will also oversee management of contractors and vendors, parts inventory and overall building and grounds maintenance. The Shop Manager will report directly to the Director of Engineering.|
|Duties:||The Shop Manager's responsibilities will include:|
- Manage shop technicians, including production/project scheduling and assignments.
- Perform personnel related matters ( recruiting, performance reviews, open-door discussions).
- Ensure team members have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members
- Create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
- Operational runoff of new or repaired machines, proper labeling, components and function per project requirements described in written PMF (Project Management Form).
- Responsible for Shop Quality Control including development and execution of appropriate tools (build sheets, checklists, SOPís, etc.) to ensure a fully operational, high quality work product going to customers.
- Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives.
- Represent the Shop in Engineering review meetings.
- Shipping & Receiving, including logistics related to coordination of fleet deployment and new equipment sales.
- Parts inventory management and control including ordering, shipping, numbering, stocking, audits/counts, etc. as well as development of the process and controls for improvement.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships while securing the best price and JIT inventory.
- Compare and evaluate vendors on a regular basis to ensure the best price, service and quality are met.
- Identify and schedule work of outside vendors when requirements are outside of the internal skills set, licenses and/or equipment required to perform work.
- Management of the building(s), shop and grounds maintenance year round to ensure a high level of cleanliness and organization.
- Manage the disposal of waste generated in the facility and authorize pickups as needed.
- Regular maintenance and audits to ensure the proper functioning of all shop and safety equipment ( i.e. fire extinguishers, air horns, exit signs, etc ).
- Fill in as shop technician to support productin as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Specialized training in electrical and/or machine fabrication is required
- A minimum of 5 years shop management, machine fabrication and/or maintenance, including supervisory experience, is required.
- Must be able to effectively work and interact with others and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have intermediate computer and software skills
- Must possess general knowledge of the skill trades including, mechanical, plumbing and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude is required
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to oversee and direct work of subordinates(s).
Valicor provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valicor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.